Friday, July 21, 2006

Morning Run

The nice thing about not having kids right now is my freedom. Like this morning for example. I woke up at 6:30 (an hour earlier than I need to) and I decided to just get up and go for my run. I didn't have to worry about anyone but myself. Well, my husband freaked out a little bit when he heard the door close and didn't see me in bed. It took him awhile to realize that I was out running.

It was beautiful this morning. The thing I love about Milwaukee is one minute you are running in the middle of the city. Cars, sirens, people and tall buildings. Then in a half mile I'm out by the lake and I feel like I am far away from the city life. There are trails I can take where I am greeted by bunnies, tons of birds, squirrels and chipmunks.

It's nice to start your morning with a 5 mile run. I feel like I have already accomplished a lot. And I don't feel guilty about the donut I just ate.

No comments: