Tuesday, July 11, 2006

First Post

Ok so let's see how this goes. Why am I writing this blog? I think it's because I told my husband I was bored. I'm 33, married, I have a graduate degree, I live in a fabulous condo in downtown Milwaukee, I've run a marathon, I have a cat and I don't have any kids. So, what's next in life? Volunteer? Sit on a board? Join some clubs? Do mission work? Go back to school, again? I guess it's time to explore my options. Through this thought process (and some red wine) I figured why not share my experiences. There has to be other women in the same boat.

Hello, my name is Tracey, I'm 33, married and I don't have any kids. Why do I mention that? Let's face it, kids take up a lot of time. I have none so my life is pretty free. What do I do to stay busy? I work full time in public relations, I'm a competitive runner (well, I try to be), I play volleyball, I love spending time with my husband and I love girl nights. So what is my problem?

I guess I look around and see these other women accomplishing so much. Maybe it's because I have always been doing something, involved in activities, had goals to accomplish. High school, undergrad, graduate school, competitive running races etc. And now I really don't have to do anything expect wake up, feed my cat and go to work. But what do I want to do? What do I want to be involved it? What is there to do?

Well, I'm going to dive into what is out there. Join me......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great first post, Tracey!

I really look forward to reading your blog. I think this is how a lot of women feel at various stages of life.

After school, what's the next accomplishment? The next milestone? After marriage, what is the next big thing to look forward to?

Too many people just throw in the towel and become BORING after school and marriage - but not you! (and not me!) More people need to be like us! :)

Good luck with the blog - and the journey.