Today was got the fertilization report. Of the 6 eggs, 5 were good and they were able to ICSI the five (inject sperm directly into the egg) and 4 fertilized. Tentative embryo transfer set is set for Thursday.
I'm happy and sad. I'm happy to know I have good eggs. I'm happy to know that my eggs and his sperm can fertilize. But I'm sad that we are doing a three day transfer vs. a five day transfer. Usually a five day transfer has higher success rates. I'm also sad that we only got 6 eggs. Some women can get 20 or 30! But it's all numbers and it can get very overwhelming. I have to just stop thinking about it and continue to do what I can do to make this work. I have to let go, and trust the doctors and God.
So my feelings today were:
- Great! They fertilized 4 eggs.
- Only 4?
- Why can't I get pregnant, I'm healthy, I take care of my body, I want a baby. I'm sick of people around me getting pregnant that aren't even planning it!
- OK, at least we know my eggs are good.
- We do have two more chances if this doesn't work.
- God is in control.
- I can't believe I have to get a 1 1/2 inch needle shoved into my rear tonight.
- Wow, right now down in Gurnee, IL our babies are being created in a dish. Our babies. A piece of me and Jaime.
- Just pray hard for strong embryos.