Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Big babies!

We had another ultrasound on Tuesday and both babies have gained a good amount of weight. Boy baby is 4 lbs and girl baby has caught up and is just under 4 lbs. Doctor was very happy with the way everything looked on the ultrasound. Boy baby is still breach.

Today I saw my OB and she was also happy with they way everything looked and heartbeats sounded great. She is going to schedule a c-section for Saturday, July 5th. I'll be 37 weeks and 5 days. We're going to have 4th of July babies! I'm so excited, that is my favorite holiday. There is still the possibility that he can flip to head down and I could go into labor on my own at anytime. But it's nice to have that date set and to focus on getting to that week. 

Another thing I learned today is that I'm now weighing......um.......170 lbs! I weighed 121 lbs before getting pregnant. I have gained 50 lbs. Wow, just wow! 

This past weekend I decided to have maternity pictures taken. I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this.  There are some that I thought were kind of weird and some that were kind of too revealing so I debated for awhile. I haven't been taking pictures of my growing belly so I thought this could be fun. I don't think I'll ever be pregnant again! A friend of mine is an amazing photographer and she knew I was thinking about it and said she would take some pictures for me. I am so glad I decided to do this, she is so talented and I think did an amazing job. Here is just a sneak peak from her blog. Check out her other pictures too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Carrie is SO awesome and you look amazing! Aren't you so glad you did maternity shots? I agree, they can be kind of weird sometimes, but yours turned out so beautiful. And wow, the 4th of July is like a month away!