Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I survived

My sister was in a jam this past weekend so I helped her by babysitting her two boys, 3 and 2, for a couple hours on Sunday. Honestly, I was scared. Hint number 1 to all, McDonald's will win the hearts of all kids. I walked in with a bag of chicken McNuggets, french fries and some pies and they were all smiles. Helpful hint number 2, make sure you know how to operate a DVD player and understand kids don't always want to watch the entire movie, they like the games or features on the DVD instead. Hint number 3, the computer is a babysitter itself. Disney, Sesame Street and even Barney have great websites that will keep children (and adults) entertained for hours. These websites offer educational games, coloring sheets, songs, stories and much more. The most exciting thing for me was that I made it the entire day without having to change a diaper.

3 comments:

Michael Walsh mwalsh329@hotmail.com said...

Is it really THAT bad? I will give you props, though. Keep up the good work! :)

Michael W.
mwalsh329@hotmail.com

kenju said...

WOW, no diaper changes? You didn't give them anything to drink with their McDonald's? LOL

Thanks for the visit, Tracey!

Margaret said...

Yeah, 3 and 2 are tough ages, and it is harder when you are not accustomed to having ankle biters around. I exhausted myself whenever I have my niece and nephew (though it's been a while due to my moving).

I'm here from Michele's. A bit ironic that your blog name is the subject (in part) of the post I just wrote.