Sunday, April 01, 2007

Date night

My husband and I had a much needed date night this past Friday. He has wanted to go to the Daniel M Soref Planetarium for a while now and I have been craving sushi so we decided to combine both in one night. We had reservations at Izumis at 6:00 p.m. and were seated right away. We both ordered some wine and made our selections; Take sushi combination for me and a Godzilla roll for my husband. Izumis (I wanted to post their website but it's not running right now) is our favorite sushi restaurant in Milwaukee. We have always had great service and fantastic food for a good price. When I first met my husband he had never tried sushi. For the past 4 years he has been taking baby steps and he has come a long way. He enjoys Izumis because they have a nice variety of Japanese food. After dinner we headed towards the Milwaukee Public Museum (the Planetarium is attached to the museum). We got our tickets, popcorn and candy then headed to our seats. The "feature" was Wonders of the Universe. The first part of the show displayed what is currently visible in the Milwaukee sky. Then the feature takes the viewer in space through the eyes of the Hubble Space Telescope and explains how galaxies are formed and goes into detail about stars, the constellations, planets etc. I really learned a lot during this section of the feature. The show is only 45 minutes long and costs $8/adult. We will defiantly go back to see Stars of the Pharaohs and make a visit to the IMAX which is showing Roving Mars and the Deep Sea.

No comments: