Sunday, December 16, 2007

We're hanging in there

First of all I must say - GO PACKERS!! 12-2 baby and the Cowboys lost too. What a year, we never thought we would be 12-2. Don't you love how I say "we" when I talk about Packers?

The snow must stop. If you don't know this already, I hate snow. HATE. Despise. I know, I know, I am in the wrong state and yes I grew up here. I have never liked it and never will. The advantage of living in a condo is that I do not have to shovel. I have huge icicles hanging off my window that could kill someone if they fell. I thank God for my four wheel drive. I will never go back as long as I live in WI. Oh, and can we talk about how cold it is?

We've been busy getting ready for Christmas. I can't believe Christmas Eve is a week away. The tree is up, most of the presents are purchased, Christmas music is being played in our house and cars. But as our Pastor pointed out today, the most important reason why we celebrate Christmas is easily forgotten during all the craziness - the birth of our Savior.

As for the twins? I think they are doing good. I wish I could have an ultra sound ever week to make sure they are OK. I'm trying be patient as we wait for our next Dr appointment on January 9th. We hope to actually hear the heartbeats at that appointment. It's so hard to stay calm and positive. I think so many years of failure makes it hard to be excited and positive. I'm taking care of myself and trying to place my faith in God. It doesn't help that I have always been a worrier.

Have a great week and stay warm!

6 comments:

ptg said...

Father Tim says the same thing, that the "Reason for the Season" gets lost in the hoopla of getting the perfect gift, the perfect tree, the perfect outfit, etc. But as much as we crave perfection we should rejoice. It's a nice thought, isn't it?

Glad to hear things are going well. Please keep us all updated on the babies' (and your!) progress!

Jess P said...

I think its totally normal to worry in the first trimester. Its hard when you really don't feel the baby(s). I'll keep praying for you! Keep us posted.

Unknown said...

I agree with Jess--I worried non-stop especially until the first trimester was over--completely normal. Hearing the heartbeats will be so amazing--it's the sweetest sound:)

Unknown said...

I don't know why I'm ellasmom--must have signed up for that awhile ago and don't remember--anyway, it's Katy...:)

carmilevy said...

Hi Tracey. I'm so far behind on my blog-reading that I've totally missed the blessed news. I am beyond thrilled for you both! What a gift, and so richly deserved, too.

You are all in my thoughts and prayers at this amazing time. How lucky we are that you've chosen to share the journey via your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey Tracey! I'm so glad to hear you're doing well. You and your babies continue to be in my prayers. Have a blessed Christmas!