Monday, October 09, 2006

Nancy's Run, Rock N Stroll

I am so proud of my friend Val.
Val and I went to college together and we had the opportunity to run as teammates. We rocked. She rocked. We were National Champions together at the Indoor National Track Meet way back in 1995. She was so fast. She was crazy fun. I should say still is fast and crazy fun!
Val and I have kept in touch since college. I found out that Val's mom Nancy became sick. She was diagnosed with ovarian cancer. She fought hard and long. She was able to see Val get married. Nancy lost her battle with ovarian cancer in 2005. Since that day Val said she was going to organize a run in honor of her mom.
Val is now a member of the Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance and has organized Nancy's Run, Rock "N" Stroll for this weekend. The 5k run/1 mile walk will take place in Whitnall Park. If you would like to register please go to active.com. Proceeds for the race will go to the Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance.
I love you Val and I'm so proud of you for doing this for your mom. She is looking down from heaven and will be cheering everyone on in the race this Saturday.

1 comment:

Queen of Light and Joy said...

Go you! That's awsome!
Michele says so too.